The Arbitrators’ Company seeks to be a collegiate forum for practitioners and proponents of arbitration, mediation and all other forms of private dispute resolution. We aim to support the Lord Mayor, the Sheriffs and the Aldermen in the governance of the City of London and in the promotion of London and the UK as a centre for the provision of private dispute resolution and as a source of advice and guidance internationally.
The Company welcomes applications from those ready and willing to support these aims and to make an active contribution to the work of the Company.
Applicants will be required to exhibit relevant experience either as a dispute resolution practitioner or through other involvement with dispute resolution. This may include academic study, membership of a relevant professional body or by other means as a supporter or proponent of private dispute resolution. Members will be welcomed from throughout the UK and overseas provided they respect the ceremony, service and commitment required and the involvement with the City of London and support the Company’s philanthropic aims and charitable works.
The Livery has been described as a centuries old tradition that continues to thrive because its members are forward looking and provide vigorous support for their crafts and professions in convivial surroundings. Joining the Arbitrators’ Company provides:
- the opportunity to be part of an historic tradition stretching back well over 1,000 years and to become a Freeman of the City of London
- access to a number of City of London functions and the opportunity (as a Liveryman) to take part in the election of the Lord Mayor & Sheriffs of the City
- access to the Company’s own professional and social programme, including the Master’s Lecture and the magnificent annual banquet usually held at Mansion House
- an opportunity to contribute to the continued success of the UK and the City of London as an international centre of professional excellence in dispute resolution
- opportunities to meet with fellow members from across the profession
If you are interested to know more about membership, please click on one of the links below:
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
WCA takes the broadest possible view of diversity.
WCA values the visible and invisible qualities that make people who they are.
WCA recognises that every individual brings a unique perspective and experience to membership to the benefit of the company.
WCA strives to include principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion in all that we do.
WCA is a diverse and inclusive community of people who form our collegiate forum of practitioners and proponents of private dispute resolution, drawn from professionals in arbitration, mediation, legal practice and adjudication. Diversity encompasses the differences that we each bring with us through our individual backgrounds and personal situations. We encourage the mutual and respectful exchange of our perspectives, personal experiences, and ideas that enhance the quality of our learning and interactions. The principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion facilitate full engagement in company life and activities. We nurture a culture where there is a common sense of pride in being part of the company and a shared commitment to involvement in our charitable, educational and social activities.